318 ideas..opinions please.

-
Just gotta run the pistons designed to work with the appropiate head. I'm sure every SBC piston will not work with every SBC cylinder head. You can get 10:1 with a small block mopar without domed pistons with what we would call non closed chamber heads.

This mopar stuff is confusing lol. I conned my buddy out of the magnums, they're going over to the head porter next week, a minor port job, bowl work, and some valve unshrouding, a 5 angle valve job. After that it's just a matter of time!

Sounds like you're doing it right except the cam....I would run something in the 250+ at .050" range in a solid....roller if you can afford it. If you want big power you need to spin it to 7000+

And make sure the heads are ok....they tend to crack

you'll be just fine with that 318. I just got done (well about 3 months ago) with my 318 and it runs great!

-stock bottom end with new rings and bearings (cast pistons & crank, stock rods) probably .070 down in the hole
-new oil pump and MP windage tray
-RHS heads prepped by IMM (202/160 valves, 5/16" stems, beehive springs)
-edelbrock RPM manifold
-edelbrock RPM cam& lifter kit (234/244 dur. @ .050; 488/510 lift
-hughes 1.5 roller rockers.
-TTI headers with 2.5 inch x-pipe exhaust

rebuilt 904 with red clutches kolene steels, trans go 2 shift kit, 3000 stall PTC; 3.55 sure grip out back with 24.5" diameter tires.

it definitely rips!

-
Back