318 in the tens

-
.. oh ya it ran that 12.50 with no burn out (because it couldnt do on on motor.lol) and still pulled a 1.8 60'..

I doubt it will hit the 10's...it might but I doubt it.......I am running 11.85 with a 100 shot and our top end was about the same.....I am stepping up to a 150 shot this summer and doing some suspension tweeking and hoping for bottom 11's only time will tell. Good luck to ya and I hope you do break that 10 sec barrier.

Dusterb318 said:
I doubt it will hit the 10's...it might but I doubt it.......I am running 11.85 with a 100 shot and our top end was about the same.....I am stepping up to a 150 shot this summer and doing some suspension tweeking and hoping for bottom 11's only time will tell. Good luck to ya and I hope you do break that 10 sec barrier.

What do ya mean our top end was the same?

Top end of the motor...cam, intake and heads......it's similar.

Dusterb318 said:
Top end of the motor...cam, intake and heads......it's similar.

all we have are the same heads. and i have a blower you have 100s shot of nitrous.

Sublime69 said:
all we have are the same heads. and i have a blower you have 100s shot of nitrous.

If you two ever race I want to be there!

Thanks Evil dr ken

Something else to ponder..It's much easier to go from 13s to 12s, then 11s to 10s. If you're running say 13.0s, and 150 shot get's you to 11.80s, that's 1.2 seconds faster. If you add another 150hp, you will not get the same "amount" of ET loss. Because it takes a bit more to get faster at the 11s level. You may only get another .8 out of it. I dont think 50hp at the 11.80s level will go much faster than 11.40s, assuming all traction and stuff stays the same.

70Barracuda said:
I dont believe a 318 can get that low without a stroke, light parts some serious math, and a well set up car. or drugs or huffer.

Ok, I'm sorry to bump an old post, but I dont think cocaine is an effective fuel for a 318.

I think he was referring to the inhalation of NO2 for fun by people, as opposed to the injection of it into an engine for fun by people...lol.

moper said:
I think he was referring to the inhalation of NO2 for fun by people, as opposed to the injection of it into an engine for fun by people...lol.

Fair enough - but you have to admit that the image of someone injecting cocaine into the engine is pretty funny. I wonder how much a top fueler would use in a pass?

I know a guy out here (boise) that has been running 11's ( maybe low 11's) in a
'68 b-body since the 70's. This is a class car (SS/A etc...) and at one time I guess
an AHRA champion. It runs high compression , W2 heads and no N02.
I know the current owner and have seen it run many times , in fact I have the
original 904 in my garage (he went to a 727). This car is a rush to watch!!!

He also runs a 6 sec prostock Viper.

XakEp said:
Fair enough - but you have to admit that the image of someone injecting cocaine into the engine is pretty funny.

As a NOS user in the past, I can tell you the emotional effect is addicting. No joke. And you need it more and more. Cool stuff, but there's a reason guys end up with 4 spare bottles...lol.

-
Back