318 LA engine pulley part numbers

-

Palmetto

Reaction score
I was lectured by a young guy at the parts counter that I could tell thought I was foolish to restore my Dart Sport because they are unreliable etc etc...:violent1:

I need hoses, belts and the water pump pulley for my transplanted 72 318 LA engine. I want to have the part numbers because some of the guys working at the parts stores look at you like "a deer in the headlights" when you start talking about engines older than them. Some won't even bother looking things up.:banghead:

I would rather order them online than deal with those guys.

Does anyone have the part numbers that I need for these items?

Water Pump Pulley and belts for an ac/power steering car.
Radiator Hoses
Heater Hoses

Maybe post a diagram with the part numbers or a link to where I could find this info...

Thanks

you will need to buy them used or new from a place like bouchilon etc..iv got a three groove crank a little pitted a water pump pulley from a 74 ac car and two groove alternator pulley should work ..let me know if I can help,,,j

Mancini Racing sells new pulleys. You have to tell them if you are P/S, A/C, etc.

But they will know what you are talking about when you order the pulleys for a 72 SB.

Hey, Palmetto,
How did you make out with your pulleys?

I'm working my way through a similar project so any details you want to share on your progress are welcome.

I have been in the "tying up odds and ends" phase with my '73 Sport engine swap for months now...I'm a very slow/novice mechanic and I suspect that it takes me 10x as much time to do everything as it takes most guys on this forum. :D

Keep us posted!! The world needs more Dart Sports back on the roads. :cool:

A parts store wont have the pully but heres the part #

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 156
Water Pump Pulley and belts for an ac/power steering car.
Radiator Hoses
Heater Hoses

all over the counter items at a napa. or look it up on rock auto.

pulleys are better bought used. a/c ones should be on the cheaper and easier side to find because most rip the a/c off.. :)

here is the difference between a a/c and non a/c wp pulley..

the chrome on is non a/c

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

pulleys are better bought used.

I disagree with this statement.

If the pulley has seen some "hard times", then you are just buying someone else's problem. Out of round, pinched, wobbly, etc.

I would rather have piece of mind with a new one if available, not to mention that they should have some kind of initial warranty for any defects.

I've bought used pulleys from people who said that the pulleys were good, and turned out not to be.

I disagree with this statement.

If the pulley has seen some "hard times", then you are just buying someone else's problem. Out of round, pinched, wobbly, etc.

I would rather have piece of mind with a new one if available, not to mention that they should have some kind of initial warranty for any defects.

I've bought used pulleys from people who said that the pulleys were good, and turned out not to be.

there are so many a/c pulleys out there used that you should have no problem finding a good set. new ones are made cheaper quality wise than the originals and cost three times as much as a used set. plus i'm not sure if you can buy the entire set of a/c pulleys new.

-
Back