318 la help

-
have to check everything
retainers/ keepers hitting the valve stem seals
worse case a valve could be tagging a piston

when you roll it over does the motion of the rockers look symetrical tilt up vs tilt down as you go around
i.e a line through the center of the shaft to the valve tip/ rocker = a right angle- 90 degrees you can eyeball with a machinist scale or eyeball both sides of the retainer over to the shaft- does that eyeline hit the middle of the shaft?
I’ll have to check that

The Rockers the motor the cam everything that's going on that you can take a picture of that you can't describe a lot of times as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Seeing is believing...

I used the zinc additive and rotela 15w40 and yes I put assembly lube on camshaft and lifters
Assembly lube is a generic word. What exactly did you put on the cam? and how much cranking was involved at first start? and how many times did you shut it off in those first twenty minutes? and how much idle time directly afterwards, and is that Rotella synthetic?
And most importantly, are the lifters rotating freely?
I would like to see pics of the flatted lobes and the lifters that were on them. Was it the same lobes on both cams that puked?

Assembly lube is a generic word. What exactly did you put on the cam? and how much cranking was involved at first start? and how many times did you shut it off in those first twenty minutes? and how much idle time directly afterwards, and is that Rotella synthetic?
And most importantly, are the lifters rotating freely?
I would like to see pics of the flatted lobes and the lifters that were on them. Was it the same lobes on both cams that puked?
I used a brand called star lube from oreillys my timing was off a little during cranking had to stop and fix that and I shut it off one time during that 20 mins and I let it idle for maybe 5 mins before I shut it down and changed the oil and no it’s not rotella synthetic I’ll have to get some pictures out of town working have to take some when I get back

-
Back