318 mag in 1964 valiant

-

bonehead

Reaction score
8) Im putting a 1992 318 magnum in a 1964 valiant with a 518 trans useing stock 273 engine mounts with slight mod , used 273 oilpan does not fit mag motor but refabed to work ,will use stock 273 exhaust manifolds will need to rise motor mounts up 1/2 inch to clear steering linkage. trans tunnell completey cut out to rear of rear crossmember. wiring harness being made at hotwire in mena ar.

8) . . .will use stock 273 exhaust manifolds will need to rise motor mounts up 1/2 inch to clear steering linkage.

If you're using a slant centerlink, try the V8 centerlink which has a drop of approximately 2 inches to clear the oil pan.

thanks cant find one , auto store list then to be same part #

this is about as far as i have gotton daughter come down for visit and desided to live here we have rental house next door enough said, will keep up dates coming

the magnum has a exhuast tube running to back of intake manifold , im using 273 exhuast manifolds any idea what to do

You can just make a plate the same shape as the EGR gasket and bolt it down in place of the EGR valve, or if you get in a hurry like I did just weld the tube up that's coming out of the EGR valve and leave the valve on the intake.
-Jon

thanks cant find one , auto store list then to be same part #

For the early A's, the slant and V8 center links are definitely different. I'd put a want ad out and also keep an eye out on eBay.

anybody know if i need to hook up the tube that goes from intake to exhuast on my 318 malti port efi mag . im using stock 273 exuast manifolds.

If you're running the 273 manifolds, you will lose the ability to have this line. I believe it's sole purpose is to supply the EGR valve. You would therefore have to deactivate the EGR by removing it's vacuum line. If you plan to run the factory injection ECU this may or may not be a problem.

If you're running the 273 manifolds, you will lose the ability to have this line. I believe it's sole purpose is to supply the EGR valve. You would therefore have to deactivate the EGR by removing it's vacuum line. If you plan to run the factory injection ECU this may or may not be a problem.
how about if i dill a hole in exhuast manifold and dill and tap screw holes using old tube as a guide and modify tube this should keep my ecu in tune?

I would try to find a way to run the magnum manifolds. Far better than the 273 lumps.

1992 dakota in 1964 when i ran my 273 turn better ets with stock manifolds then i did with wheel dump headers i dont think i will lose much with stock 318 and daul exhaust just going to be a driver 'what do you think

-
Back