318 Magnum price

-

MI_Mopar

Reaction score
so a buddy of mine has a 318 magnum engine that runs in his truck but the truck is a piece of crap and he just burnt up his tranny so whats a fair price that i could give him for it? He is sorta between a rock and a hard place with needing to get rid of it. LMK, thanks.

I think I paid like $300 for the '94 Grand Cherokee I got mine out of. It was in good running condition, but had crapped the tranny also.
-Jon

You didn't say what year. Be sure and check that it hs the mounting ears like an LA. The 5.2L (318)s that I've seen after about 96 or 97 don't have those ears since they mount in the center of the block in the trucks. If its got the ears and you get it complete (why not offer to buy the whole truck) I'd say 300 -350.

I thought so too until I helped a buddy change his engine in a 99 dakota. It was a 5.2 and didn't have the ears in front. It had the rear parts but not the front. The Jasper replacement we put in ws the same so its better to look first than say aw sh.. later.

Larry

MI Mopar So are you still planning on running magnum heads on your LA block? If so would he be willing to part it out? Pull the heads have them checked for cracks and if they check out just buy the heads.

Man ya'll are getting 'em cheap. Just checked car-part.com and the boneyards around here are getting anywhere from $700-1200 for them.

-
Back