318 manifolds to 360?

-

tbr3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if 318 manifolds are the same as 360? I thought I read somewhere that they are interchangeable, but could not find it anywhere here on a search. I need a set of rear exits for my 64 Dart which has an 89 360 in it, and have a chance to pick up some free 318 rear exits..

Thanks for any knowledge, I appreciate it!

Tom

Woops my bad long day, I meant manifolds

Any SB LA manifold will fit any LA heads, it's whether or not they fit the body that is the question. I don't know in your case.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know, I appreciate it!

Tom

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if 318 manifolds are the same as 360? I thought I read somewhere that they are interchangeable, but could not find it anywhere here on a search. I need a set of rear exits for my 64 Dart which has an 89 360 in it, and have a chance to pick up some free 318 rear exits..

Thanks for any knowledge, I appreciate it!

Tom

Years ago, I bought a 77 Ramcharger (360 engine)with a very noticable exhaust leak. To make a long story short, the leak turned out to be coming from the bottom side of the exhaust manifolds. The manifolds were from a 318 and did not cover the bottom side of the 360's larger exhaust ports. I bought a set of 360 manifolds from a local junk yard. Once installed, no more leak. Moral of the story, other than the bolt pattern, not all small block exhaust manifolds are the same.

Russ

Russ

Just did some research my self. Turns out 1993 318 light duty truck exhaust manifolds are "Rear dump" and flow exceptionaly well too. Should be an easy junk yard find.

If you use the 93 magnum maifolds you must have a floor shifted automatic. They will hit the z bar for clutch or column shift linkage. Early A-bodies have very limited space and besides the original 273 drivers side manifold you are going to have fitment issues.

-
Back