318-milky dipstick

-

chargers777

Reaction score
What could be causing this.318 is rebuilt with 24,000 miles and bored 40 over.Runs great but this codensation on the dipstick worries me.No water in the oil when I changed it.Anyone else ever see this?What could it be?

I had this once on one of my 2.5 turbo's. It's condensation that has built up in the inside of the crank case. It was on my dip stick and on the bottom side of the oil cap. Have you been running the engine for short periods of time not letting get to running temp? Once I started driving the car the milkiness went away. Also if you live in a high humidity area the block will sweat sometimes. I live in GA and I've popped the hood up several times and my motor will be soaking wet.

yea im down here in north carolina and i just went out and checked my car and the whole motor was wet even had a little rust on the headers..(had surgery on the 7th not able to get out there) i have it in my breathers on the val. covers some time.......but i dont drive it alot

yea im down here in north carolina and i just went out and checked my car and the whole motor was wet even had a little rust on the headers..(had surgery on the 7th not able to get out there) i have it in my breathers on the val. covers some time.......but i dont drive it alot

check your PCV VALVE IT THERE TO HELP PULL CONDENSATION OUT OF THE MOTOR AND IF YOU DRIVE LESS THA ABOUT 20 MIN. THE MOTOR DOSE GET HOT ENOUGH TO DRY IT UP

I've seen it. Alot of times it's caused like Galactic Eye's said from you only driving short runs and it don't get the oil warmed up enough to boil out the moisture that collects when the engine cools down. If that's not the case there is a couple mechanical things that can cause it. A bad/missing or improperly set up pcv system. Does your car have a good pcv valve on one valve cover and a breather on the other? If not it should. The pcv draws air through from one side on the engine to the other and dries it out along with removing crankcase vapors. A leaking intake manifold or head gasket can cause it also. If you can get your hands on a radiator pressure tester test the cooling system and see if it holds pressure. If not find out where it's leaking.

check your PCV VALVE IT THERE TO HELP PULL CONDENSATION OUT OF THE MOTOR AND IF YOU DRIVE LESS THA ABOUT 20 MIN. THE MOTOR DOSE GET HOT ENOUGH TO DRY IT UP

i have the evac breathers ( 1 in each cover) on my car just havent hooked the pipes up yet so no pvc val. on my car....... but you could wipe the water off from where its been sitting....

It has the pcv valve and breather.I will check it to make sure it is working.

-
Back