318 Motor Mounts

-

olddog12

Reaction score
I have a 1970? 318 that I want to drop in my 73 Scamp, would anyone have a photo of the correct mounts? Ive found a guy not to far away that says he has some but would like to know what they look like to be sure. Its a spool mount by the way, thanks guys.

I am on the road with my crappy little phone screen so I can't help much. But if nobody else can help look though my build thread ( linky down below) I must have pics someplace.
I will be pulling my 318 in a week or so to put in a 360 and have another set of mounts so if need be I will have a set to sell before to awful long.

Good luck

/6, I have a V8 k frame thats going in it as well.

What year is your K frame? Is it spool or biscuit mount? Not trying to be hard to get along with, but you need to tell us more info.

Just looking at a pic, there are probably many that look very similar. They are not that expensive to buy new. But, here are the pics for you.
C

Attachments

• DCP_3047.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 243
  • DCP_3046.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 246
What year is your K frame? Is it spool or biscuit mount? Not trying to be hard to get along with, but you need to tell us more info.

Your not being difficult at all sir...but its in the origional post, Im not 100% sure of the year but its a spool mount.

Just looking at a pic, there are probably many that look very similar. They are not that expensive to buy new. But, here are the pics for you.
C

The only place close to me that would be able to get them would be Napa, if I told them it was for a 73 Dart with a 318 would that be what Im looking for?

The only place close to me that would be able to get them would be Napa, if I told them it was for a 73 Dart with a 318 would that be what Im looking for?

Motor in my 1970 swinger is a 1969 318 and the spool K-frame and mounts came out of a factory v-8 1974 swinger.

40$ plus shipping plus it's says they may need new bushings so you can pretty much guarantee they will need them plus they seem to be missing the long bolt that goes though the k-frame.

So great example for guy to see what they look like exactly I'm sure there is Prob a better deal out there someplace. Maybe even new for not much more seeing you will have 75$ or more wrapped up in those by the time guy are some

I found those in less than a minute of looking. Which ones did you find for him?

I found those in less than a minute of looking. Which ones did you find for him?

Lol I did find any and I did not look and I was not trying to be a jerk. I was just pointing out that you put him on the right track and to for sure research some more on his own he might find a new or like new pair for not much more.

:banghead:

Rock Auto has them new for $8.50 each.
I just looked up '74 Dart with 318.
C

The spool mounts came to Mopar in the 73 model year. I have a 75 K-member under my 1972 Demon and have had no problems. I did not keep the 72 steering gear, but went instead with a cop car firm feel box; swapped out the idler, too.
IIRC, the 340/360 used the same mount as the 318 on the passenger side, but driver's side mount is different. I've seen the driver's side use an extensively shimmed 318 mount on a 360.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I called my friend who works at Napa and he is checking into it for me but if they cant get them now I know what they look like. I appreciate all the feed back!

NAPA can get the insulators that were listed above for $8.50 at RockAuto.com They won't be able to get you the brackets listed in the eBay ad above or the long bolt that goes through the middle.

NAPA can get the insulators that were listed above for $8.50 at RockAuto.com They won't be able to get you the brackets listed in the eBay ad above or the long bolt that goes through the middle.

Good info as always Brian.

Also if u buy the ones on eBay check on prices ( maybe Napa) for the bushings ( or is that what the Rock auto stuff is)also because the ad says they might need replacing.

My buddy who works at Napa said he can get the brackets for 15$ can. and the bushing is 10$

I told him to order them cause if they are wrong he said he will take them back. Hard to beat that I figured.

I do have a question about the bolt you mention...what exactly is special about the bolts, can I not just use a #8 bolt on them?

My buddy who works at Napa said he can get the brackets for 15$ can. and the bushing is 10$

I told him to order them cause if they are wrong he said he will take them back. Hard to beat that I figured.

I do have a question about the bolt you mention...what exactly is special about the bolts, can I not just use a #8 bolt on them?

nice and i dont really know why a good grade 8 nut/bolt wont for you. He cant order them with the mounts

Yes, if you can find the correct grade 8 bolt with the proper thread in that length...

I stand corrected. #-o That is exactly what you need to get and a very good price at that! $9.45 and it looks like it comes with a new insulator?!? That's a steal! Good info!

I don't see why you couldn't get a Grade 8 bolt anywhere to work with that.

I wonder if they make brackets for the earlier biscuit type motor mounts. I paid $70 just for the 340/360 mounts last year with no insulators. This would help hundreds of people switching over to 360's.

I stand corrected. #-o That is exactly what you need to get and a very good price at that! $9.45 and it looks like it comes with a new insulator?!? That's a steal! Good info!

I don't see why you couldn't get a Grade 8 bolt anywhere to work with that.

I wonder if they make brackets for the earlier biscuit type motor mounts. I paid $70 just for the 340/360 mounts last year with no insulators. This would help hundreds of people switching over to 360's.

exactly

i just got a nice used set for 50.00 or so $ and i still feel like it was a good deal but i really only needed one. so going forward less than 20$ (and less if you already have a 318 in the car) is a great deal and option. and it cant cost more than 10-12$ for all the nuts/bolts and washers for the whole setup if you needed them all. so for about (or less) than what a used set is going for you can get the whole 9 yards and brand new

BTW here is the Napa part# he gave me for the L & R
BK 6021516 & BK 6021556

I just ran those numbers. They were listed for a little less than 10 bucks each.

Something don't add up, I paid 11 bucks apiece just for the new insulators in mine.

-
Back