-
Status
Not open for further replies.

bschubarg

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I realize that it isn't recommended to buy used camshafts, but this engine isn't anything but just a beater. None the less what I am looking for is a performance camshaft for my 1990 318 with a set of swirl mild ported #714 with comp ratio ~9.0. Weiand Action + dual plane high rise intake with a 600 CFM Holley. Hedman Headers and glass packs. 8.25 rear with 3.55. Car weighs ~ 3650.

This will be a daily driver. Would like a slight lope and the engine will never see the north end of 5000 rpms.

Prefer new, but if the cam is used and in good shape... why not.

Best Regards

I realize that it isn't recommended to buy used camshafts, but this engine isn't anything but just a beater. None the less what I am looking for is a performance camshaft for my 1990 318 with a set of swirl mild ported #714 with comp ratio ~9.0. Weiand Action + dual plane high rise intake with a 600 CFM Holley. Hedman Headers and glass packs. 8.25 rear with 3.55. Car weighs ~ 3650.

This will be a daily driver. Would like a slight lope and the engine will never see the north end of 5000 rpms.

Prefer new, but if the cam is used and in good shape... why not.

Best Regards

IMO, if the cam is in great used condition, there is nothing wrong with doing this. I have never had a problem. The key is to ALWAYS get new lifters unless
the lifters are the ones used with the cam and they go back in the order in which they came out.

I have a small 430 lift or so Mopar performance cam. I'd hit it with a little emery cloth just to clean it up and slap it in and then run it.

I'll let it go cheap...

I've got a nice Comp Cams cam/lifter set that has about 1000 miles on it. It came from a 340 stroker and is in perfect shape. The lifters are marked so that they can go back on the same lobe that they came from. This cam had a nice lope to the idle and made good power. The only problem is that the rpm range from 1500 to 6000 rpm. If you advance the cam you can bring the range down a little. Here is a link to the specs.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-20-224-4/

Let me know if you're interested.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I have a Crane Cams Camshaft. Part#150052. Rpm range 1800-5200. [email protected]. .454 lift 110 lobe sep. Brake in time only. Cam and lifters W/shipping $100.00.

I have a Crane Cams Blazer 288-2h grind that was in a running 340....Specs 218/230 dur @.050 with 488/498 lift, 114 lsa for 25.00 + shipping

Have a new in the box mopar performance cam and lifter set. P4452761 .450/.455 lift 228/231 duration. Good low-mid range horse and torque. Would sell for $100 you pay shipping. This set cost $187.95 + shipping. I bought a 340 so my plans changed. [email protected]

Got to tell you guys.... your the best. I got a great deal and although it is smaller than I would of liked, couldn't beat the $ with lifters. Thanks again for all your contributions.... stay warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back