318 question

-
Exactly, that's what I'm trying to see. Is it worth putting some parts on for the money on what you gain.
I think so, yes, as long as you choose your parts wisely. .......and a big mutha thumpr in a 318 ain't wise. No offense.

I think so, yes, as long as you choose your parts wisely. .......and a big mutha thumpr in a 318 ain't wise. No offense.
Your right! .750 solid roller!!!!

Seriously speaking, a goal or et, what your looking to achieve and what parts are on hand for use or wish to use is a help.

Roger that! I think you’re in a catch 22 with the 318 and use of the 302 heads unless you can port them yourself. If you can, run the 360 valves, 1.88-1.60.

That's the thing, looking for the easiest combination to get to 300
compression, heads and a cam that's probably in the high 400/low 500 lift

but really, heads is where you want to focus (ie drop that dough)

That's the thing, looking for the easiest combination to get to 300
I'd get rid of the "300hp" goal,

1st I would decide what gear and stall l'm willing/gonna be running
2nd headers or manifolds
3rd heads stock or mods to the heads or different heads.

Better heads need less cam to get there, bet a stock 5.2 magnum has 90% of your power goal unlike an LA's 60%.

Then decide what cam & cr will work and it makes what it makes.

Have a stock 1989 318 with 302 heads. Wanting to do a budget build and try to get to 300HP out of it. What would you guys suggest for pistons and cam? Just looking for something that's going to be a good running street motor, nothing elaborate. Thanks all
For the bucks down approach I would scrounge a set of magnum heads, have them drilled to accept an LA intake and get a regrind on the cam as already mentioned.

-
Back