318 reconstruction 68 Barracuda

-

topless68

Reaction score
OK! I pulled things apart and surprise surprise, forgot to take pictures before I did. I have factory AC on the car, I replaced the intake manifold and water pump. Now that I am trying to put everything back together, I have no clue how the arms and brackets all go together. I pulled one of the bolts off of the original water pump and put it back into the new one, and now it is almost 1" too long. ANY pictures of a factory bracket placement would be appreciated!

Sorry I can't help you, my A/C car is apart right now...

Here's some pictures of a 69 340 that we are working on right now that has everything but A/C. These can at least show you how the alternator brackets and power steering brackets mount (if you have PS).

DSC04898 B.jpg

DSC05007 B.jpg

DSC05008 B.jpg

DSC05009 B.jpg

DSC05010 B.jpg

DSC05011 B.jpg

DSC05012 B.jpg

Here's a picture of the cast iron water pump (which should be like yours) and you may be able to reason some of this out like this:

In this first picture I numbered all the bolts.

#1 goes in the top bolt for the water pump and is the shortest of the red circled bolts.

#2 & #3 go in the bottom two holes in the water pump and are the same length and the next shortest of the red circled bolts.

DSC05013 B3.jpg

#4 & #5 are go to the alternator bracket and pass through the water pump and timing chain cover. These should be the same, or if anything the bottom bolt #5 should be slightly longer as the bottom bracket for the alternator with the adjusting slot goes to this one.

#8 in yellow is a short bolt that the third one for the triangular shaped alternator bracket and is very short (about - 3/4" - 1").

DSC05017 B3.jpg

#6 & #7 go through the water pump and timing chain and should be long also. If you look at the height of the bosses for the bolts, the #6 bolt should be longer than #7.

#9 in yellow is to mount a through bolt and nut to attach the power steering pump if equipped.

DSC05015 B3.jpg

Last edited:
So what is the easiest way to save post # 3 to my hard drive ?

-
Back