Status
Not open for further replies.

Creedmoor

Recovering Fordaholic
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm lookin' for a timing pointer for my 318 - needs to be the kind that mounts with the pointer on the passenger side.. Right now, my timing marks are buried under the water pump and power steering pump on the drivers side. Tell me you have one for cheap - please!

I have 4 of the early timing covers hanging on the wall, at the storage locker that i rent.
All cleaned up, painted red, ready for you to install a new crank seal.
I don't know what you mean by "cheap" but i would need to see $50.00 for the cover.
I can do pictures Sunday, as i would need to take some more, as my main desktop computer crashed, with all my picture files in it, and i'm now using my laptop as my back up.
Send me a PM if your interested.
Jim V.

Picture added.

Attachments

• Storage Locker 001 (Small).JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 91
Really would like to just get a pointer to bolt onto my existing cover. Would ya happen to have one of those laying around?

Really would like to just get a pointer to bolt onto my existing cover. Would ya happen to have one of those laying around?

You do realize that when you move the pointer to the other side you also need to change or correctly remark the balancer as the TDC mark will still be on the side you can't see.

Looking at the picture above it appears there is a bolt on pointer , never seen that before .

Timing tape will be my friend. Yup, that bolt on pointer is the cheapest and by far easiest solution to my problem. Think they only made them for a couple model years like 67,68 or 69.

I have one if you can't find one elsewhere. Fits just about all the early '68 and earlier small blocks. If you're using the '70 and newer balancer, you'll have to remark TDC to get this indicator to work accurately.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back