318 to 360

-

hwp

Reaction score
Hey gang. been out of the shop for a while. But back in now and working on a slow project. I have replaced a 318 with a 360 in a 72 Val. I am at the point now where I am getting ready to fire it for the first time. Changed converter and plate. I checked everything today before I put in the Royal Purple break in oil in it. I then primed the system. lost about 4 quarts of the 8.00 a quart oil all over the floor. Seems it is comeing out of the oil filter/adaptor for the oil filter. I put new gaskets in the 90deg adaptor. But am unsure if I used the right ones. What do the gaskets look like that go under the bolt head and between the adaptor and the block where the bolt attaches? I need a little help. I dont want to waste any more oil.

there are actually 3 gaskets that are needed.

I have the large one for the block, and I think I used the right ones for the bolt, but I am just not sure. i cannot find a drawing of this in any man or on line. Anyone know where I can find it or get the numbers for the gaskets?

I wanted to say thank you for the help. I talked with 3 dealer parts depts. and no one knows how to look this up. There systems only go back to 81/82. I checked with Mancini, but all they have is the complete set. I dont need all the other gaskets. Any Ideas on who to get this from? thanks

Found it! Just have to go to the right dealer. Hayes in Atlanta.

Do you have the part number for just the bolt gasket? If so, put it up here. It may be really helpful for someone else.

Thanks!

-
Back