318 to 360?

-

AHcuda

Reaction score
Getting ready to change over and I wonder if the '68 318 engine mounts are the same for 340/360. The isolators are the same?

The right motor mount is the same for both engines...

the isolators are the same also...

The left motor mount is wider for the 360 than the 318. You can bugger it up with spacers (about 1/2"), or get the proper mounts....

Here's repro ones from Mancini that has the complete package including bolts. They are also stronger than the originals:

http://www.manciniracing.com/19abv827repk.html

Here's a set that was just sold here, just so you can get an idea of what used mounts go for if you can find them... They get snatched up real fast....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=311674

the engine brackets are the same on the passenger side...on the driver side they are not....but you can shim the driver side on one bolt hole to make it work.

or you can call napa and order brand new ones with everything but the bolts (assuming its a spool mount k-frame)

BK 6021516 & BK 6021556

this was info from another thread last week and i called napa and they said its all one piece and its all there and we are not dreaming thats the correct price lol

yes thats why i said assuming its a spool mount. my 70 has a 74 spool k-frame but if his does not have the spool type then those mounts are no good to him but napa might be able to help him sort of the one he needs at a decent price like these

yes it is '68 318. Gues I will try to keep a eye out for a Left mount. $146 is steep when you only need the one mount.

Is there a year range for 360 blocks for me to rebuild to put in a 68 and 71 Dart? Want to make sure I can get motor mounts and header to fit.
Thanks

Is there a year range for 360 blocks for me to rebuild to put in a 68 and 71 Dart? Want to make sure I can get motor mounts and header to fit.
Thanks

My car has had a slant six a 1969 318 a 1974 and 318 and a 1985 360 in it.

Each size has its challenges like mounts/balancing issues like changing flex flex plates and K frames and what not. I would say most LA blocks you have no major hurdles.

I have a 73 duster with a 68 cuda k frame with a 86- 360 block. The driver's side wasn't close on one half. I mean the holes didn't line up so I could use washers to make up the space - it was way off. Easiest fix I've done on the car to date! Free!! I drilled a 4 inch piece of half inch stock and welded it in there with my $99.00 Harbor Freight welder which is only two thirds of the cost $150 motor mounts.I mean that thing paid for itself in just that one instance. anybody working (I love these cars) without a $99 Harbor Freight welder at the very least may need to rethink what they're doing.View attachment 20150226_233445.jpg

View attachment 20150227_223324.jpg

i have a set of bisket type mounts off a 360 i will post a picture tomorrow

-
Back