318 to a 360

-

1971Scamp440

Never forget 9/11
Reaction score
I'm plan on swapping out the 318 in my 71 Scamp for a 360. A 360 will bolt right up to the 904 thats behind the 318 now, right?

The 360 should be externally balanced, so you'll need an external balance torque converter.

Yes it will but you will need to buy a counter weight kit from MP.
i plan on doing the same thing 318 to 360 swap would like to know more about these kits and B&M flex plates prices, installs, etc....... what would be a easy route i can't afford to be down for a week as this is my daily driver as i have everything else except this .....kinda lost on this part sorry to steal thread but i thought it went with it
Thanks Terry

i plan on doing the same thing 318 to 360 swap would like to know more about these kits and B&M flex plates prices, installs, etc....... what would be a easy route i can't afford to be down for a week as this is my daily driver as i have everything else except this .....kinda lost on this part sorry to steal thread but i thought it went with it
Thanks Terry

Dont worry about stealing the thread, I'm all for hearing more also! I'd like to see a list of what I need so I'm able to get everything ahead of time so that there is little down time, mine is practically a daily driver also.

When I swapped mine I went with the b and m flex plate worked perfect. Not sure about motor mounts for you mine was a straight across a body to a body with spool mounts.

There basicly an inexpensive part that bolts on without issue.

These B&M flexplates allow for easy swapage.

The MP weights, I'm sure are cheaper, but not everyone can weld them on, which requires the verter out and on the floor/bench to do.

The 318 mounts will need some washers or a hollow tube cut to length for a better fit. It's not such a cheap looking thing, it's largelty hidden. An easy do.

I bought a B&M offset balanced flexplate a couple years ago for my Belvedere due to TCI sending me the wrong converter and I think the flexplate was something in the $89.00 range. It's not terribly expensive, and a new stock 360 converter from my trans guy is in the $149.00 range. Of course, if you're looking to upgrade your converter from stock also, your best bet is to just buy the converter you need , balanced for the 360. Good luck with the swap fellas. Anybody looking for a 360? I got one for sale on FABO right now!!! Geof

-
Back