-
..if already rebuilt, your current set up is probably fine.
get a 3:23 gear and a "quality" converter built for your combination.

Well i thank you all for your help.Just had a big set back with car.On saturday me and my grandaughter were on the way to the chatter box to show the car for the first time just about made it there and a truck pulled out in front of me and that was it.Car in bad shape i posted some pics.

Well i thank you all for your help.Just had a big set back with car.On saturday me and my grandaughter were on the way to the chatter box to show the car for the first time just about made it there and a truck pujjed out in front of me and that was it.Car in bad shape i posted some pics.

Wow Doug, that really sucks. Don't see the pics, but i hope you can salvage it.

WOW what a SHAME I hope your grand-daughter is fine and you too, but man that sucks a$$. Hope you can get it back together, look on dougman's avitar, BELOW is a link to his pics. Sorry to here the bad news. Hope all is well and hope all gets taken care of.

Well i thank you all for your help.Just had a big set back with car.On saturday me and my grandaughter were on the way to the chatter box to show the car for the first time just about made it there and a truck pujjed out in front of me and that was it.Car in bad shape i posted some pics.

Sorry to hear that. I truly hope that you and the lil one are only shaken up a little bit and nothing worse. Please tell us that you had more than just PLPD insurance on it also. If you did and they total it, you can buy it back for a percentage of the repair costs and repair it or part it out. Best of luck to you.

Yeah i'll make money on the insurance but after working on it with my son for about 6 months it was time well spent we love doing it.My grandaughter is fine and she wants the insurance to fix blue car LOL and i agree from what i can see the frame don't look bent and the motor looks good.We only got to put 400 miles on it.

I have a really nice set of fenders that have been blasted and 2k primed and a front bumper if you decide to fix the Duster.

2 books. Ome to mind in whi h it is in my opinion a must have for a new guy building engines. First, "How to rebuild my small block Mopar" followed by, "How to hot rod my small block Mopar" will show you how to do what you want to do.

IMO, 2K might not be enough.

Also, Max HP may not be what you want unless you car is equipped with a high gear ratio and will use a high stall. Converter.

Things like high compression pistons and large cam shafts. One into play for high HP engines and contribute to less street-ability. Your also limited by a stock cylinder head.
5000 would not be enough for max effort reliable teener...

Well i thank you all for your help.Just had a big set back with car.On saturday me and my grandaughter were on the way to the chatter box to show the car for the first time just about made it there and a truck pulled out in front of me and that was it.Car in bad shape i posted some pics.
Here man i feel for ya i will post them here for ya I have a line on 95% of the parts ya will need to put her back but i think thay will say the cars a loss

Sure am glad yall were not hurt. Sorry about the car too. It IS repairable, but I am imagine the insurance company will not think so. Good luck.

Wow that sucks!! Sorry to have seen and heard about this. Good to hear you and your grand daughter are OK.

thanks all the insurance adjuster is coming today between 2 and 4 so i should know more if they will fix it i need to find a good shop by me.my shoulder is not in to good of shape to do any of the work.thanks again.

the insurance adjuster just left and he said it is a total loss with the body and engine it will exceed there limit joy joy now i geuss i will have to start all over and that will be no time soon with the shoulder. Doug

Simple. Just recant your claim. You have the right to do that at any time.

holy **** man, glad everyone is ok , that looks horrible. its just metal, it can be replaced but people cant.

just got the police report and the kid was charged with unlicense driver and careless driving it was his fathers truck

the insurance did a total lost the buy back was too much.So i just bought a 1972 duster will drive for the sumer then work on again in the winter.I want to thank you all for all of your help and concern.

the insurance did a total lost the buy back was too much.So i just bought a 1972 duster will drive for the sumer then work on again in the winter.I want to thank you all for all of your help and concern.

Sorry to here that Doug. Most important ya'll are ok. Glad you got another ride to hold you over and look forward to your mods this winter.

Welcome to building a small block mopar.Take a deep breath,disassemble the long block.Log all you see down,or post pictures here.It will save you a lot of coin.Investigate and learn,much cheaper than mistakes.(this place saved my butt!).Take your time,do it right once,if on a budget.

-
Back