327 question

-

MoparMama87

Reaction score
Okay for the not as mechanically inclined wife here... looking at a duster without an engine will my husband's chev. 327 work in it or not? Getting the car sort of hinges on if it would work or not?
Thanks!

Anything is possible with a torch and a welder and lots of time and money. It would be far easier to install an engine that the car was designed for.

In case you missed it in all the sarcasm, the answer is no.
Chevrolet engines will not fit into Dodges. (not without a crapload of fabrication)

"Against the law" :-D

A small block mopar 360 would be much easier. If you like doing major fabrication the Chevy engine could be made to work but it would be better suited to a nova or Malibu.

In case you missed it in all the sarcasm, the answer is no.
Chevrolet engines will not fit into Dodges. (not without a crapload of fabrication)

"Against the law" :-D

Thank you for not being rude like most others I appreciate it. Like stated in my question my husband is the mechanic not me I am just learning and trying to get into it so don't know everything please excuse my ignorance but really don't think there's a reason for the rest of y'all to be so rude.
He has a 318 anyway that I didn't realize we had so problem solved.

you could easily sell the chevy and pick of a small block 360 in its place

Thanks to all that responded kindly and actually wanted to help me out rather than acting like I was completely ignorant and a moron.

Anything is possible with a torch and a welder and lots of time and money. It would be far easier to install an engine that the car was designed for.

X 2 here. Asking your original question on a MOPAR specific website is going to net a lot of hate mail. You COULD get a SB chevy engine to fit in the engine bay, BUT, it will require a lot of mods that would negate practicality. Your best bet would be to find a suitable engine that will simply bolt in with no mods. Post a photo or two of the Duster in question. If its a solid car, it may be worth dropping a 318 or 360 into. Are you looking for a driver or a race car. If you're going to cut it up and make a race car out of it, do what you want with it. Drop in a chevy mill, and you will have a rough time with this crowd!!:-D

If it will help him get the car - yes it will fit.

If it doesn't matter - a Chrysler 318 or 360 would be easier to fit in there and are pretty cheap to build.

We can give you some places to buy parts at reasonable prices,

Like:

Mancini Racing, Summit Racing, etc.

If you need any info, just post up and there are lots of people here that can help you out. (sometimes we bicker, but you can get the whole story that way...)

Don't fret there Ma'ma, there just being..... Er.... Trying to be funny. As we can see, it is an epic fail. Even more so when you read your post.

Just a god bit of info that doesn't really mean much of anything.

A 318 with a overbore of .060 equals 327.79 cubic inches. ;)

Thanks guys he has a 318 at my parents that he used in a derby car that is in good condition that I forgot he had so that is what will probably end up going in there.
Here's what we're thinking of getting

Attachments

• 00r0r_aa5NF72wggJ_600x450.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 355
Thanks to all that responded kindly and actually wanted to help me out rather than acting like I was completely ignorant and a moron.

They're not really picking on u personally...more of a brand loyalty thing than anything...good luck with the project! :)

Not to bad. Some body issues. I also share some of those.... LMAO!

Thanks guys he has a 318 at my parents that he used in a derby car that is in good condition that I forgot he had so that is what will probably end up going in there.
Here's what we're thinking of getting

Hell yeah, that's worth tinkering with. :thumrigh:

The 318 will go in there no problem. Let him get it.... You will make him soooo happy.... :blob:

Look at it this way: If he's out in the garage working on the Duster, he's not out running around chasing other women.

Hell yeah, that's worth tinkering with. :thumrigh:

The 318 will go in there no problem. Let him get it.... You will make him soooo happy.... :blob:

This one is for me!! :) lol he has a 67 fury that he's been workin on and is coming along nicely it's this girl's turn! :p

This one is for me!! :) lol he has a 67 fury that he's been workin on and is coming along nicely it's this girl's turn! :p

Oh, sorry. :eek:ops:

That's pretty cool that you want to get an old car! You're a keeper. :cheers:

That would be a good car for you. You're welcome to stay on FABO and learn about it as it goes together. Mabye you can even help work on it (your hubby will totally love that!)... :goodman:

Welcome to FABO, and feel free to post any questions that you have. There are some other women on here so you aren't alone. :D

I've always been a car girl :) just trying to learn as we go and I for sure will be working on it with him! :)

Will it bolt in? No. Will it FIT? Yer dang tootin. Nothin wrong with doin it either. It's called hot roddin. Usin what you got. The chebbie small block is a great little engine, regardless of what a bunch of yahoos say.

Im so glad to her you have the 318.Brand loyalty to mopar is a life style.

Don't feel bad/wrong on any question, it's all about learning. Hell I'm putting a GM 200R4 (transmission which is a hyd overdrive tranny) in my duster.

-
Back