327 question

-
327's are good engines as far as Chevy's go but they don't belong in a Mopar. You will be heckled by every Mopar lover on the planet and laughed at buy the Chevy guys. There are plenty of 318/340/360 engines that are right at home in that Mopar. tmm

I'll throw a wrench I once placed a 360 in a 64 chevelle just to visualize the mounting problems-- needless to say it didn't happen.
much younger & energetic at the time.

Lawrence

I do like your train of thought wanting to buy a Duster. I think in the long run maybe you should consider buying the Duster before it gets away. Then consider selling the 327 and either install the 318 you have or buy a Mopar engine/trans for your Duster.

Make sure the floor boards and subframes are in good shape on the Duster before buying!!!

Thanks we will for sure, my husband is having to replace the floor pans on his fury so I would love to steer away from that on the duster! The guy selling it says they are sturdy and good but we will check for sure! It's been inside so that's a plus!

This one is for me!! :) lol he has a 67 fury that he's been workin on and is coming along nicely it's this girl's turn! :p

Please post some pics of your husband's 67 Fury. This one's mine. I "finished" it about seven years ago. Couple pics of "in progress" and a couple from a few years back. Been rackin' up the miles ever since. Great car!! WELCOME TO FABO!!

Attachments

• Plymouth DGP.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 104
  • rear shot.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 97
  • engine install.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 105
  • front in primer.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 107
Oh my gosh your fury is gorgeous!! I will have to show him he will be in awe for sure!

My hubby used tax return money to get quite a bit for his, He got a new grille in the chrome for whatever reason the guy that had it before him painted it black, new floor pans, new carpet, radiator the center console because the one that came with it was broke the guy pulled the one out of the fury to put in his charger and gave my husband the broke one that was in the charger originally

Anyway here's his! :)

Attachments

• 563548_535031282818_1520605118_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 1462842_537934005738_1621235149_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 1234041_535031287808_1734677271_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 100
Bench seat also. Original door panels, dash pad and visors.

Attachments

• lh side interior shot sm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 96
Cool! :) Hubby's needs the door panels redone just trying to figure out the most affordable way to go about it lol!

Where did you buy your adapter. I'm thinking of putting a 700r4 or a 4l80 in mine.

Tci sells them as well as wilcap. Wilcap is where I got mine. http://www.wilcap.com/webdoc8.html
You do know the fit a 700R4 or 4l60/80 in an a body you have to do major tunnel surgery right? If you're willing to do all that, why limit yourself to a 4 speed auto why not a little more and install a 6 speed auto.
The reason why I'm opting for the 200R4 (which is all hyd no electric like the 700R4 etc) is there is no tunnel surgery just one cut and that's it. Mopar To Ya has a thread of installing a 200R4 into his Dart Sport.

-
Back