[WANTED] 340/360 J head rocker adjust stud

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
1970 T/A challengers and AAR cudas with 340 six pack engines had 915 " j"casting heads with offset intake pushrod holes,and used adjustable rockers, (offset intakes). However , all other "j" heads had non-adjustable rockers.

Although they will interchange, the OP needs to specify if it's OEM 273 without a jamb-nut or from an OEM T/A, Crane, Isky, etc, that may have a slotted head or allen head for adjusting and accepts a jamb nut.

X2 on what GEO said.

82CRUISER;If they had a J head they did.

I guess my numbers matching 340 swinger has the wrong J-heads!!

Jeff

82CRUISER;If they had a J head they did.

I guess my numbers matching 340 swinger has the wrong J-heads!!

Jeff

The block is probably numbers matching but what cam is in it? I bet someone did a cam change and head work. I had 2 1970 340's and both had stamped rockers, the T/A's heads are a little different. It's no big deal, they work fine but I don't think it rolled out of the factory that way. By the way, my 1970 Duster had U heads. It was a late production model and my 1968 Fury 3 had rear drums from a 1969. The shoes are different, it drove the mechanic replacing them nuts.

^^^^^^^^^ What? You know I meant my heads have stamped rockers like they should right?

Jeff

1970 T/A challengers and AAR cudas with 340 six pack engines had 915 " j"casting heads with offset intake pushrod holes,and used adjustable rockers, (offset intakes). However , all other "j" heads had non-adjustable rockers.

i thought the 340 6 paks used the "X' head with adj rockers

82 cruiser:

I've had 3 sets of "J" head:violent1:s and none of them had adj rockers unless I put them on

82 cruiser:

I've had 3 sets of "J" head:violent1:s and none of them had adj rockers unless I put them on

Nope...J heads with angled intake pushrods with offsetted intake rockers......TA rockers only fit TA heads....W2 rockers are different have more offset.

No.

T/A heads were J heads with unique adjustable rockers. The T/A heads had the pushrod holes moved outboard so that the heads could be ported larger, so the rocker arms are offset to compensate. You have to use the T/A heads and rockers together....

273 adjustable rocker arms will bolt onto any "standard" small block in place of the stock stamped steel ones, but you have to get the proper pushrod to match if you're going hydraulic or solid tappet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back