-
Status
Not open for further replies.

barra340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Assembled 340- 6 pack for sale. Seeing if there is any interest at this time. Im moving and losing space. I will update and add numbers later.

It is casting # 2780930, 6, 16, 71 date
They are the Edelbrock heads that are from Indy Cylinder heads, 1.60 ands 2.05 valves, 44 rockers, ported and matched all the way.
Reed camshaft
Diamond Pistons
Mopar Intake

I bought this engine under direction of uncle from Fort Lauderdale. it came from a guy who raced his Barracuda and was a family friend. I am no expert at engines, so bear with me. I was told it was blueprinted and built for 600HP. Im learning!
$5500 is what I paid for it 3 years ago. Looking for reasonable offer.
It is located in Michigan, but I am losing my space and moving to Texas.

Assembled 340- 6 pack for sale. Seeing if there is any interest at this time. Im moving and losing space. I will update and add numbers later.

Casting number 2780930, 6.16.71.

I paid 5500 for it 3 years ago. Open to offers.

thanks
Todd

I am located in Detroit, Michigan for location
I am moving to El Paso if someone is in Texas.

The engine was built for a race built Barracuda of my uncles friend. I do not know all the particulars but it is a professionally built engine from Fort Lauderdale Fl. Mopar Aluminum heads and Mopar intake.

Attachments

• 340-2 003.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,921
so what are you selling...just the intake and carbs...intake, carbs and heads ...or complete engine????

Std 340 block, non TA/AAR, with a 6 pack set up on it. Looks nice.

You have the vin off the pass side just above the pan rail?

Std 340 block, non TA/AAR, with a 6 pack set up on it. Looks nice.

You have the vin off the pass side just above the pan rail?

No. Never had it apart. My Uncle is the expert and he said it was a running engine at 600HP.

Looks like Edelbock Aluminum Heads.

I am not good at the engine thing. So I apologize. Would I have to take the intake off to get the vin# ?

This block is upside down... it's a BB but same basic location. Pass side just above the oil pan rail.

EngNumbers.jpg

It is casting # 2780930, 6, 16, 71 date
Edelbrock 6067 Heads
Mopar Intake

A quick check on the casting says:
1968-1972 340 steel crank
But that was then.
Good luck with sale looks like a good engine combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back