340/904 kickdown linkage

-

craigb

Reaction score
I am currently restoring a 71 Dart and can't figure out the kick down linkage. 340 with spread bore OE intake and adapter to Edelbrock carb. Is linkage for four bbl.different than two bbl.? I am thinking about ordering a cable kit, is this a good option.

http://oljeep.com/gw/v8_linkage_pics.html

My Lokar cable is nice, it simplified the whole kickdown quite a bit, but $70 just doesn't sound right...

If I had it to do over again, I'd find a way to adapt a cable kickdown from say a 88-95 dakota/ram into the mix. Inexpensive solution. :D

If this helped press the 'thanks' button.

I used the lokar kickdown and gas pedal cable, great setup but cost close to 200 bones.

Yes the carb rod and throttle cable bracket are different from 2bbl to 4bbl and the other linkage pieces down to the trans for a 904 & 727 are different also. I have a complete 340 4bbl 727 kick down linkage set up but i don't have the carb rod & throttle cable bracket available separately. PM me if interested

I am currently restoring a 71 Dart and can't figure out the kick down linkage. 340 with spread bore OE intake and adapter to Edelbrock carb. Is linkage for four bbl.different than two bbl.? I am thinking about ordering a cable kit, is this a good option.

-
Back