340 build plan for the second time!

-
Yes I did, but it was in pieces. Guys pretty much tore it down and put it in the corner for a year and a half! Here is the link for those who do not know the whole story behind this one. It makes for a good read with a partially good ending!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=239982

so i am taking that you got your motor back from the other place? if so congrats and good luck with your build

So the other shop tore it down? If so, how can you be sure those are the right pistons then?

If your 340 had those pistons they would have to be 40, 60 or 70 oversize above the std 4.0inch to work. Is it possible that you have a 360 crank with the main journals machined down to fit in the 340 block?

The oversize on those pistons could be up inside the piston from memory.

That's right - I forgot about the "shop" thread. Glad you got it all back - that was a lucky deal for you.
Short answer - build a stroker from it. A mild stroker will far exceed your expectations.

Glad you got the parts back , but sounds like that machine shop just threw a bunch of mopar parts together with your block , kb107 pistons on a 340 ? Had this motor been rebuilt before you bought it ? Any idea what parts were in it when you bought it ?

fit...?

kb 107 have a compression height of 1.67......a 340 kb 243 has a compression height of 1.84....those kb107 are going to be way down in the hole....

about .170.....

good compression....LOL...maybe 6 to 1..

Thats what I was thinken...

-
Back