340 Build

-

LEVOHS

Reaction score
In the middle of 340 build.Need help deciding which cam and intake.Mostly street and of course little strip.1974 Duster 4-speed,410 gears.So far,340,KB243 +.040 .027 machined off top to get zero deck heigth,Scat Hbeam rods 6.123 floating,MOPAR P4876785 Commando heads with mild porting on intake runners 60cc.Would like to run hyd.also 1.5 rockers.Thanks for any advise.

I'm hearing a lot of good things on the Lunati Voodoo cams. So much so that I have just purchased PN 60403 for my 340 project which will be similar to yours.

I went Lunati Voodoo , they have a good selection , so far very pleased with the performance .

Thrashard,thanks for the reply.I've been leaning toward the Lunati Voodoo camshafts.Can't decide between PN60403 or 60404.Still waiting on input.

do you know what the heads flow?? usualy the cam is selected to match the flow of the heads...

If its mostly a street car, A RPM AG and the 404 will make for a very torquie 340 that will still make power on the top end. But if your going for all out power, slap a Victor intake on it and run the 405. Monster top end power with this combo.

What's the difference between the victor and the super victor?

Bigger plenum, longer taller runners and the Super Victor is 2" taller from base to carburetor flange. Excellent for big strokers, ported heads and high RPM.

-
Back