340 cam grinds and stock rocker arms?

-

91r/t

Reaction score
I am building a 340 and want to use the stock rocker arms. I was wondering what the max lift is before you want to stay away from using the stock rockers and such. I think the stock grind was around .445 lift. Correct me if I am wrong? Also if anyone has any sound clips of their motors I'm looking to figure out what these cams sound like at idle with their respective duration and lift. I am looking to use a hydraulic flat tappet cam. Comp has a nice line of xtreme energy cams I hear any other recommendations? Thanks guys!

Mopar A motor race manual says 510 if no excessive decking or head servicing has been done I think there is a bit more if stock rockers are used

the use of stock rockers is going to depend on what valve spring you use more then anything else...too stiff of spring..the pushrods will be poking thru them

Awesome thanks for the info. I am looking for a sound clip of a cam around .488 or so lift at idle. That is the xtreme energy cam I was looking at. Any clips are appreciated.

Hey 70aarcuda.....I just saw the link you posted about the thicker stock style rocker arms on another thread. You think you could post it here so I can use it a little later on when and if I buy em. Thanks again for the info.

O crap so are those a mopar part? I see they have a P number and are on the dealer website....I get a substantial discount through chrysler maybe I'll call tomorrow and see what they say.

-
Back