340 coolant in oil

-
That is normal, that is an exhaust crossover for intake manifold heat and the sideways C shaped void around it with all the pitting, if what I have researched is indeed correct, is a casting process vent, hence the partial iron fill in the bottom parts. I have not known of this being a common crack and leak area in small or big block heads. Pressure testing and magna-fluxing will tell the tale.

That is normal, that is an exhaust crossover for intake manifold heat and the sideways C shaped void around it with all the pitting, if what I have researched is indeed correct, is a casting process vent, hence the partial iron fill in the bottom parts. I have not known of this being a common crack and leak area in small or big block heads. Pressure testing and magna-fluxing will tell the tale.
Ah, ok. This was the gasket that was on it.

81744BB5-DFCE-41A2-8A16-EED297806878.jpeg

Thanks Garrett, yes heat crossover NOT coolant.

Gasket looks like it may be getting pinched harder at bottom of gasket than at top. I am soon to correct this condition myself, once I get done getting my factory iron 4 barrel intake milled/modified. I use pieces of lead tire weights I work into worm-like shapes in a vice in lieu of the jewelers wax...

Gasket looks like it may be getting pinched harder at bottom of gasket than at top. I am soon to correct this condition myself, once I get done getting my factory iron 4 barrel intake milled/modified.
if the heads have been milled (poorly and/or excessively), there may be an angular mismatch that the gaskets cannot make up. After you've thoroughly checked the heads out, and reinstalled them, you can bolt the intake, sans int gasket, to one head, then use feeler gauges to determine if surfaces are parallel vertically AND horizontally. If not, you'll need to have a machinist straighten it out.

if the heads have been milled (poorly and/or excessively), there may be an angular mismatch that the gaskets cannot make up. After you've thoroughly checked the heads out, and reinstalled them, you can bolt the intake, sans int gasket, to one head, then use feeler gauges to determine if surfaces are parallel vertically AND horizontally. If not, you'll need to have a machinist straighten it out.
Ok thank y’all for the help and link to that article!

-
Back