340 crossram wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone wants one, but they don't sell all that fast, $1800 to over 2K is a lot for a poor performing manifold on the street. LOL

I looked for quite some time for a SB crossram and didnt have any luck. I did however find a nice Hilborn injection set up for a 340... I didnt know Hilborn made them for a 340........

IMG_0251.jpg

everyone wants one, but they don't sell all that fast, $1800 to over 2K is a lot for a poor performing manifold on the street. LOL
I somewhat agree as my RPM air gap is a better street intake but for some reason I like to tinker and my crossram is a total blast in the pants intake:joker:

there is one on ebay now

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!iQE2LF!ytsJBNr5KDoeUg~~_12.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 223
I looked for quite some time for a SB crossram and didnt have any luck. I did however find a nice Hilborn injection set up for a 340... I didnt know Hilborn made them for a 340........

That's one sweet set up HemiMark...

This deal may go on the 68 Dart! But with EFI conversion! A little pricey but I'm looking into it...

Now there are two on ebay, these damn things are everywhere! - I just typed in "edelbrock str" and clicked search on ebay under all categories. If I knew how to attach a link I would.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqEOKisE12Mud0yYBNoKMvk2sg~~_3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 185
I hope you guys are going to put this on for appearance. Because they really do not make many ponies or torque. I have had tried these on my own and friends. What Fuel hogs these things are. If you want the "Oh wow factor" buy a Sixpack. At least they make power and you'll be able to afford to drive it. Just my experience with this intake. maybe others have had a better one they can talk about. But make sure their running one not selling it. If they made this intake for a W2, W5 , Battens or Indy's then it might work but they didn't.

I agree to a point,this intake is not for the guy that doesn't like to tinker with it and it isn't the best intake going(my eddy rpm air gap is a much better intake)But in the right hands it can be a pretty nasty intake,dead stop no brakes and right into the throttle produced this in my driveway tonight(ticked off the wife:supz:)and one thing that I have to disagree with is the sixpac has no where near the WOW factor of the small block mopar with a crossram,I have seen people freak out at the sight of it and it has made for a great conversation piece at any show I go to.I also got to talk to Dave Dudek about it some last summer,which in my eyes probably wouldn't have happened if I had a sixpac on my car.
I agree 100% that its pure gas hog

Attachments

• 000_2832.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 180
  • 000_2758.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 165
I know on a Hemi the jetting is not square. are you using the same jet offset but smaller jets. I never new about the jetting when I had mine. You are right with the Oh Wow. But it looks as though you would make it to a show with yours. Not many have the motor or the talent to use this setup effectively . Nice Barracuda, looking through the hood and seeing the Cross ram would make many wonder whats under there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back