340 deck height with L-2322 pistons?

-

Captainkirk

Old School Mopar Warrior
Reaction score
For planning purposes (compression calculator) I am trying to determine the 'standard' deck height on a 340 block using stock forged crank and rods and TRW L-2322 pistons. I am getting some erroneous info on the 'net giving various deck heights other than zero using these pistons. Since I don't have all the components accessible to where I can do an accurate measurement with crank, pistons & rods installed, does anyone have this info or have a shortblock nearby where they can take measurements?
Thanks!

The reason I'm asking: one site I visited lists these pistons as +.017 out-of-deck in stock configuration.

Edit: 'stock config' info was listed as 3.31 stroke with 196-69 forged steel crank

The factory spec deck height of the LA block is 9.599 to 9.600; this is the distance from the center line of the main bearing bores to the top of the block up thru the center of the cylinder. The piston, relative to the top of the deck is regarded as positive if it sticks out of the hole at top dead center, and negative if it is below the top of the block at top dead center.

Are you crunching the numbers by hand to calculate the comp ratio, or are you using an on-line calculator?

The factory spec deck height of the LA block is 9.599 to 9.600; this is the distance from the center line of the main bearing bores to the top of the block up thru the center of the cylinder. The piston, relative to the top of the deck is regarded as positive if it sticks out of the hole at top dead center, and negative if it is below the top of the block at top dead center.

Are you crunching the numbers by hand to calculate the comp ratio, or are you using an on-line calculator?

On-line. They are asking questions I didn't have answers to...like deck height (+0-)

They mean deck CLEARANCE. Deck height does not change. Deck clearance is where the piston sits in the bore at TDC in relation to the deck HEIGHT.

-
Back