340 dyno youtube video

-

fez440

Reaction score
Interesting video thought i would share. Is it me or do the numbers seem very high for the specs on the engine?

Interesting video thought i would share. Is it me or do the numbers seem very high for the specs on the engine?
I agree. If the dyno is being used as a tuning tool it doesn't matter. In this case the engine owner's objective - to compare the difference made by changing carbs - its not comparable because its a different dyno, possibly different rate (rps/sec) and possibly different conditions. Also he has no idea what the timing was before. Its not clear if he knows what the timing is now but it sounds like may not.

If that was my engine, I would have checked a spark plug and immediately after the first run. Even if the WBO2 was off, that's too lean for full load. It looks flat enough that a jet change is probably all it needed.

Was that lifter tick I was hearing at the beginning when they started it, before going in the control room? Seemed pretty pronounced.

Don't know enough about the combo to say for sure. With a true 10 to 1 or better compression and those heads worked by someone that knows what they are doing it is possible.

Just my two cents but it really doesn't matter much the about the exact dyno numbers. Even if it is overstated by 25-30 hp and ft lbs that will make for one fun little street motor with the right setup.

An 850and some big tube headers might even give him another 15-20 hp . Seems like a killer build if its close to stock form .

-
Back