340 engine..........what car vin started with FW..

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
I HAVE A 69 340 THAT THE FIRST THINGS PUNCHED ON THE FRONT NEAR THE HEAD IS FW, and i am wondering what numbers should be on the front? and how many numbers/letter should be in a row? thanks

On my newer block it looks like a letter followed by 8 numbers.

I tried taking pictures, but they didn't turn out and were so blury I couldn't see anything.

The 70 block I have is marked like this: P11111111

The 71 block is marked like: 340P11111111

Are you sure that the F is not a T?? It could be TW, which stands for Water Test. Take a closer look and make sure!! Geof

what is a water test?lol

i did not know they put 340's in boats, or as the case of the 340, it could push a yaht..lmao

I don't know exactly how to explain it, but a water test is some sort of high pressure test performed on the engine block. I do know it was done on all Hemi motors, most Max Wedge, and various other HP blocks during the muscle era. I have a call in to my Water Test guru for an accurate explanation, I'll post his answer here. Geof

it could be a t, but it is hard to say for sure

I had to grab a book for this one. F is 1970, W is Windsor Ontario, then there should be 340, then a P, then a number between 2895 and 3259 (date code), then a daily production code 0001 0002 0003 etc. HTH

-
Back