340 fan shroud needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the shroud you guys need is 2785614. It was the same shroud that was on the 68 and 69 383 cars. They repop them but quality is questionable. Anyone chime in. Am I correct?

Carl

The number ending 614 is correct. It was used from 67 through 69 on 273/318 with factory a/c and all 340 and larger engines. There is/was also a shroud for the slant 6 cars with a/c. That shroud can be used with a V8. It would be installed upside down. I think that part number ends 096
Another option is change to the later models 26 inch radiator. The OEM shroud for that radiator is much easier to find. There were more of those produced and the spool type motor mounts kept the fan from eating the shroud. Hope this helps

Hello, I have two at home one is in really nice shape and the other is cracked at the bottom. I need one for my 68 Dart, but I would be willing to part with the other one. Now my car is no where near original so I would take the craked on and epoxy the crack and use it like that. I do not have the shroud with me, but I will be heading home this Friday and will be able to get pics of it and post or email on Sunday. Let me know.
Thanks
lo23

pmed this was my wanted add so i would hope ill have first crack at it sense thats the right thing to do if i pass you have a second buyer but dout i will

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back