Status
Not open for further replies.

SSG_Karg

Enhanced member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is a virgin forged crank from a '70 340. Good condition, ready to drop in. Machine shop just inspected it and its ready to go. All stock journal sizes. Local pickup in NW PA or I could ship but it would be pricey.
$100 buys it.

Attachments

• crank1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 476
If you weigh it and start getting shipping prices see how much to ship to 29067. I would like to have it but shipping may make it too high. Thanks Sandy

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty good deal too. Shipping heavy parts sucks though. I'll get a shipping quote for ya ram45red.

If it weighs less than 75 lbs, and you can find a flat rate box to fit it, that would be the way to go.

i shipped a 360 crank a while back and it wasn't all that bad....and with the deal on the 340 crank you'll still be in tha ballpark.

I'll check the post office for a flat rate box. It only weighs 60lbs so it should be ok. Not real sturdy though. Any ideas how to do it without getting damaged? Little to heavy for bubble wrap i think.

I'll check the post office for a flat rate box. It only weighs 60lbs so it should be ok. Not real sturdy though. Any ideas how to do it without getting damaged? Little to heavy for bubble wrap i think.

styrofoam sheets with extra cardboard re-enforcing the walls of the box. ive shipped heavy but delicate stuff before and never had a problem doing it that way.

Hey ram45red, post office doesn't have a box big enough to ship the crank. The UPS website quoted $50 shipped to your door. I would build a nice wooden crate and use some styrofoam to pad it. If you still want it the price is $100 + $50 shipping. Let me know so I can start making the crate.
Thanks

go to the machine shop and get a crank box...they throw a pile of em away....might save you some trouble and be a little cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back