340 gone! Performance shop shut down! Help!

-
No entirely true here. These parts were brand new off the shelf. He had a speed shop store as well as a machine shop. He said those parts were all his and not other customers. I ensured that before I agreed to go that route.

The news story was interesting to see. Have you ever heard of the company doing the suing?

Heck that was worth it just for the hot news girl, Amanda Venegas.

I was not in the video. I was in uniform otherwise I would have wore my FABO shirt.

I realize fully you probably have a lot of wasted time into this. But just "cash" and parts wise, how did you finally come out? Are you out of options with these folks?

I got all of my parts back except the flywheel. He told me that he is still going through everything in the shop and will look for it. He owes me $2700 for parts and labor. He already gave me around $1800 in parts so far so we are sitting around a $1000 owed still. He said that he would make it right somehow to me so at least he is working with me even if it means going to get more parts from him. He also mentioned having that machine shop that had my engine originally do the machining/labor for free to offset the labor costs. Still hesitant on that one though. The parts I already got are not for my car so I have to sell them outright. I know I will not get the full retail for everything, but should recoup something. So far no luck with sales.

I realize fully you probably have a lot of wasted time into this. But just "cash" and parts wise, how did you finally come out? Are you out of options with these folks?

Well I know it sucks to lose, but at least it looks like you have and will recover quite a bit, at that. I've been "on the outskirts" of some bankruptcy stuff, and it's no fun for the victims

I used to work for a very small refrigeration outfit when I first "got into" HVAC/R. We built some dehumidifier lumber dry-kilns. One outfit bought two units, which we built and installed, and almost immediately went down. "One of the guys" let us in "the back door" one weekend and we yanked both the main units out, but we still lost a lot of plumbing, labor, and the circulating fans in the building. This outfit I worked for only had 4 guys including the owner, so this was a big, big hit for us.

We're talking here about a building large enough for a flat car, and two dehumidifiers with a pair of dehumidifiers with (I forget?) 80 hp compressors. This is no small change, and a very limited market.

This is a fairly accurate depiction

closedkiln.jpg

-
Back