340 gone! Performance shop shut down! Help!

-
Wow.

For all the headache, I can say, at least you have it back and that part of the stress is done.

Congrats.

WOW! Them dirty rotten Maternal Fornicators!! All here hope their *** burns in hell for eternity! But, glad you at least got your block back, and hopefully the internals.

Yes, me too! I got all the old internals back as well. Not that they are any good. Hopefully if I get the money back, I can order everything myself and build it. I am gonna have to scope out another shop though cause I am gonna need machine work done regardless. I just have no trust anymore.

WOW! Them dirty rotten Maternal Fornicators!! All here hope their *** burns in hell for eternity! But, glad you at least got your block back, and hopefully the internals.

Serial #'s all match!

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 494
YEA!!!! :eek:ccasion: Glad it's home in the right hands. I still you get your money back too. I would curl up with that motor and sleep with it.

Awesome!! I would think if you got it back "together" you would have ripped it apart for inspection in short order!! Hopefully you can get your $$ back too...maybe drop by the ****-shop again with your engine and grill them about being lied to??
Congrats! 1 for the good guy

Regroup and start over. Sucks that this happened to you.

Sometimes traveling more than a 50 mile radius from where you are isn't a bad idea when it comes to machine shops. Shipping/travel is cheap compared to the aggravation you've had.

Good luck on it.

Nice to see,you got your parts back. In Lemoore? Might check out the Nor Cal threads.A couple of recommended guys there. Or ,Bakersfield....

Woo Hoo !!!! You got your original engine back!!!!

If you need advice on how to put it together, just contact me, I've built many engines and can tell you how this goes together. Ask Dart_Doctor, I taught him how to build a SB last summer.

Hopefully you can get some of your money back also. Important thing is you got your #'s matching engine back!

Well being out the money sucks! But not getting your number matching block back? I say you did real good considering what you could have been out.

Glad you got you stuff back...... Now all you need is your money.....
Powerhouse down in Bakerfeild has been there for 25+ years

Also you could stop by this place near you ( it just up off 198 north on hwy41) he is a "Jasper engine installer, so he should have some credit to his shop" he might know of a shop close to you to help you out. Dont hurt to stop and ask at this point....

Just food for thought

this is the shop: Larry Webbs repair service
9609 HIGHWAY 41
LEMOORE, CA 93245

Approximately 4.8 Miles From 93245

I will take you up on that! This will be my first mopar build. Right now I do not have the funds, so I am gonna try and fight to get my money back. If not, then I will have to buy things pieces at a time. Now is the time for me to look at how I want this thing built and determine if I am gonna change anything. I think I will stick with the original build plan though. I just need to find a good machinist who will get the work done correctly and in a timely manner.

If you need advice on how to put it together, just contact me, I've built many engines and can tell you how this goes together. Ask Dart_Doctor, I taught him how to build a SB last summer.

Hopefully you can get some of your money back also. Important thing is you got your #'s matching engine back!

Thank you I will check that out. I have heard of Powerhouse before. We just had a guy from my squadron take his newer GTO there to get cams installed and they did it in one day and dyno'ed it. Pretty fast service!

Glad you got you stuff back...... Now all you need is your money.....
Powerhouse down in Bakerfeild has been there for 25+ years

Also you could stop by this place near you ( it just up off 198 north on hwy41) he is a "Jasper engine installer, so he should have some credit to his shop" he might know of a shop close to you to help you out. Dont hurt to stop and ask at this point....

Just food for thought

this is the shop: Larry Webbs repair service
9609 HIGHWAY 41
LEMOORE, CA 93245

Approximately 4.8 Miles From 93245

I was hoping and praying for the best for you............ This is good....!!!

FYI- my 340 has been at the machine shop for 6 years.... its not even close to being finished. I stopped in the other day and told him on August 5th I'm coming to pick up my engine....complete or in pieces its getting picked up. The sad part about this is this guy is a good friend of mine. Crazy..... I'm glad it worked out, somewhat, for you.

Good GRIEF. Whatta happy *** ending. I am real glad for you.

I will take you up on that! This will be my first mopar build. Right now I do not have the funds, so I am gonna try and fight to get my money back. If not, then I will have to buy things pieces at a time. Now is the time for me to look at how I want this thing built and determine if I am gonna change anything. I think I will stick with the original build plan though. I just need to find a good machinist who will get the work done correctly and in a timely manner.

I am glad you recovered the parts for your engine. Hopefully you will be able to recover your money from the crooks and if not help them to see some jail bars to help get their attention.

Karl can be a great asset for you on this build because he REALLY knows his stuff on these engines.

I tried to PM ya but your mailbox is full.

Been following, and very pleased to see you got your #s engine back. Being out the $ sucks, but got to be a relief to just get the engine back

Been watching this and having flashbacks of some of my junk. Glad to see you were able to get the 340 back. Sounds like you were hours away from never seeing it again. I hope someone tracks where they go next so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Good Luck and keep em flying

Been watching this and having flashbacks of some of my junk. Glad to see you were able to get the 340 back. Sounds like you were hours away from never seeing it again. I hope someone tracks where they go next so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Good Luck and keep em flying

I have 3 spaces open right now.

Awesome ending to a horrifiic story!

Oh how I agree! From the sounds of it, I wouldn't hold out too much hope on the money, but heck even if you can recover some of it, it will be a big help to you. Best of luck!

-
Back