340 Head Gaskets

-

SBeeMan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Starting a 340 +.040 stroker build race only. Have my kit all but the pistons so I don't know the correct compression number just yet,but should end up around 12-12.5 range. I'm running Eddy heads with studs,block will be poured with Hard Blok & Girdle on the mains. What are you guys running for head gaskets? Copper? Should I O-ring it? With the bolt arrangement on small blocks just wondering what works best. Newbie here to small blocks. Thanks

I have run Felpro, copper with o-ring and cometic . My current small block set up is N/A with the same comperssion ratio you will be running and cometic was my choice.

Running studs on my 360 also had them on my 416 with Edelbrock heads Felpro 1008 are what i use..

Felpro 1008s are what should be used. Cometics could also be used but the heads and block need to be finished properly for that type of gasket. The heads are not smooth enough as delivered for them.

Thanks for all the info. FelPro 1008 it is. Also thanks to you Rod for the great stroker kit & service. Can't wait to get it going & see what kinda numbers we get on the dyno & track.

1008 and studs and more torque than stock, and 1 stock bolt on each side for oil to the rockers, unless we can find a necked down stud - per Jim Szilagyi - mopar race engineer

-
Back