340 intake gaskets

-

dancinwulf

Reaction score
I am going back to a stock intake on my 340 is there one gasket that fits better or seals better than the others or are they all about the same....felpro....mr gasket....etc?

I use fel pro myself. You should put pins back in "the china wall" top of block. And I seal them with copper spray. MT

I use the Summit brand plain label. They have the same silicone bead as the fel pro.

What are the pins and the china wall you are referring to I am not that familiar with that?

What are the pins and the china wall you are referring to I am not that familiar with that?

That is just slang for the two pins on top of the block that mate up to two holes in factory intake manifolds. They have to be removed when installing aftermarket manifolds, and IMO should be replaced when going back to stock manifolds. They aid in installation. MT:burnout:

I've never heard of these pins... I just took a stock intake off a week ago, I will look twice but I didn't see anything. When I get gaskets I always look.for the ones with the heat crossover block off built into the gasket. I put extra sealant around that area to make sure it doesn't leak.

So since there are no pins there what can I replace them with or do i need to buy them.
I would think that they could be replaced with some stock possibly

They are just short roll pins to help position intake and gasket. Any good hardware store will carry them.

-
Back