340 J-head flow rate ??

-
Just remember that different flow benches can provide different readings from the same head. Also that due to production quality/casting irregularities, different heads with the same casting numbers can provide different numbers too - even from port-to-port. It's a very good reference but not a "tell-all".

Just remember that different flow benches can provide different readings from the same head. Also that due to production quality/casting irregularities, different heads with the same casting numbers can provide different numbers too - even from port-to-port. It's a very good reference but not a "tell-all".

Myron is correct, great reference but not a tell all.

I know some guys that flow SB Mopar heads on 4.250" bore fixtures. How many of us have a 4.250" bore SB mopar. Not many that's for sure. The numbers tend to get inflated because of it. Something more in line with what it's actually going on will get you a representative number for the bench, say a 4.100 bore.

hi, also test pressures are a factor!! a motor doesn't see 28 ". 25 " is more realistic. I imagine that 10" would be more in line. testing at various pressures
is an eye opener. bore adaptors will change flow also. also to get the max from heads , all ports need to be tested. there could be a dead port amongst the good ones, in same head. I've flow tested and seen this before. one of the most important numbers is the port velocity. it fills the cylinder!! as Mr Betts, commented, don't get hung up on the big flow numbers, port velocity and port shape are most important! velocity is what fills cylinders. just food for thought.

-
Back