340 K frame with swaybar cutouts

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am restoring a '71 340 Demon. Has anyone ever seen a k frame in an A body with the sway bar cutouts as seen on an E body? The car has the A body sway bar mounted in the usual position, with the tabs on the lower control arms etc. Just wondering if this could have been swapped out sometime during the last 45 years, or was mother Mopar known to sneak a few of these in during production if/when parts ran scarce?

Thanks

The 73+ A body K members ran the sway bars through the K like the E-bodies did. It’s certainly possible it was swapped, as the later, spool style engine mounts on the 73+ K’s are an improvement over the earlier biscuit style mounts. And it may have been part of a full front suspension/brake upgrade to the later BBP disks.

We came across one of those in my buddy's '68 GTS convertible with the early motor mounts. Best guess is that it was swapped out. We found a '69 k-member to make it more correct. That was the first that I had seen in 30 years of messing around with A-body k-members.

We came across one of those in my buddy's '68 GTS convertible with the early motor mounts. Best guess is that it was swapped out. We found a '69 k-member to make it more correct. That was the first that I had seen in 30 years of messing around with A-body k-members.

Maybe some kind of factory warranty replacement?

Of course who knows, anything can happen when you start talking decades after they were built

-
Back