340 main cap fasteners with windage tray

-

Peini

Reaction score
Hi FABO members,
I am rebuilding my 1968 340 and trying my best to find new main cap bolts (not studs) where I can use my windage tray. Please let’s not discuss if replacing the main cap fasteners is necessary or not.
All ARP bolts I found do not support the windage tray and if I use the studs I need to line bore the block what I do not want to do.
Any solutions?
The stock style bolts are not available anymore, not at yearone, summit, Hughes or anywhere else even if I would buy a set together with a new tray.
Thx
Chris

And if I am not mistaken the 360’s that came with windage trays (I believe police car engines) had them as well. I’ve seen them time to time being sold on here, but you many need to buy the windage tray with the bolts type deal. Good luck.

340 is a different tray and bolts compared to a 318-360. I may have some left I am not sure. I don't remember what was sold at Carlisle . In the forth picture the one to the right is a 340 bolt. There was a drawer of them but I don't know if my son sold any with blocks. He has an Engine Machine shop here in Northeast Pa.

106_0582.JPG

106_0583.JPG

106_0584.JPG

106_0585.JPG

106_0586.JPG

106_0587.JPG

106_0588.JPG

340 is a different tray and bolts compared to a 318-360. I may have some left I am not sure. I don't remember what was sold at Carlisle . In the forth picture the one to the right is a 340 bolt. There was a drawer of them but I don't know if my son sold any with blocks. He has an Engine Machine shop here in Northeast Pa.

Thanks a lot- I already saw you post during my search here on FABO. It would be great if you could check if you have some left and let me know. But please keep in mind that I want new ones- the old ones I have myself.
Happy holiday!

-
Back