340 manifold bolts

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I have a set of 340 hi-po manifolds, but not the mounting bolts. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount them instead of buying the factory mounting bolts?

I don't recall buying special bolts.
Just measure the distance needed and use grade 5 cap screws.
For the ends, use studs. Factory used fine thread out ( more resistant to loosening). But I've use both fine and coarse thread out.
There are special washers, slightly cone shaped or bevelled washers.
Those are worth getting, either repop or from a industrial/hardware place.
IIRC they are not used on the inner bolts. But check a shop manual on that.

Sealing to the head pipes was always the most difficult. The size is odd - slightly more than 2.25" IIRC. Both Accurate Ltd and TTI sell gaskets that are pretty good. I like Accurate's a little better as it has the metal ring. Anyway its worth getting them and a couple spares.

edit add pic from my car.
upload_2020-5-29_20-33-28.png

Last edited:
You should use the correct shoulder nuts and the studs for the long ones. There is a step in the manifold so all the fasteners expand the same with heat. You don't need gaskets cast iron to cast iron with manifolds. Get the manifold resurface and use the right fasteners. The left side doesn't have a gasket either. That is a heat deflector. I have not used a gasket on a manifold on a mopar. I have some extra old sets or I can make them using threaded hex stock on the lathe. Takes the same studs as the end 2.

DSCN1917.JPG

DSCN1918.JPG

-
Back