340 manifolds in !!! Pic's

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Installed the 340 exhaust manifolds today.Here are a couple of pics.

Next step have the 2.5" mandrell bent exhaust system with Flowmaster 40 mufflers installed !!!! :thumbup:

I fired it up after I installed the manifolds and about jumped out of my seat (loud). :supz:

Neighbors looked a little perplexed. :toothy7:

Picture 402.jpg

Picture 404.jpg

Picture 405.jpg

Johnny Dart said:
Thanks guys!!!!

Eastwood Factory Gray high temp paint.Have used it on other manifolds,wouldnt use anything else.

www.eastwood.com

Johnny,

Did you need different head piping, or did you use the same as the 318 manifolds? Or did you eben have manifolds? Lol, thinking about doing this to my 318.

-Justin

Is it the lighting or is one manifold flat black and the other silver. Very nice job BTW.

MOPARJ said:
Johnny,

Did you need different head piping, or did you use the same as the 318 manifolds? Or did you eben have manifolds? Lol, thinking about doing this to my 318.

-Justin

Justin,
I dont have any exhaust from the manifolds back.There is a company out there who makes the head pipes.I have a pretty good muffler guy who will build the head pipes and install the system.The rest of the system is a mandrell bent kit fom Summit,made by Heartthrob exhaust systems,for A-bodys

www.rtspecialties.net has the 340 exhaust hardware kit.I would recommend getting this kit.All the correct bolts for the install.

ramcharger said:
Is it the lighting or is one manifold flat black and the other silver. Very nice job BTW.

LOL.......Bad lighting. :thumbup:
Both would be factory gray.

I ahve the same install on my 360 Dart. It was real tight fitting the TTI 2.5" head pipes to the drivers side manifold. I may even have cursed a bit :banghead:

Very nice, Im so sick of fighting to try and get headers to fit that I think I may just go that route myself. I CAN'T justify(IMO please remember its ONLY IMO) the GOUGING that TTI has with their headers but they are the only ones that really fit well..so I think when the current headers go its back to manifolds!

73DartSport340 said:
Very nice, Im so sick of fighting to try and get headers to fit that I think I may just go that route myself. I CAN'T justify(IMO please remember its ONLY IMO) the GOUGING that TTI has with their headers but they are the only ones that really fit well..so I think when the current headers go its back to manifolds!

First I bought theseTTi's from a guy and he told me they are for A-bodys.......wrong b & e bodys only. :wack:

So I went with the manifolds.Easy to install,jack the engine up a couple inches,and there in.Performance gains should be quite noticeable over the puny 318 logs....

Picture 376.jpg

looks great johnny dart! i will be there soon myself with the wifes car. i am intrested to see if there is much of a gain from the stock setup. let me know when you are to that point......

-
Back