-
Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzmc

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'll gather more info, but have to wander back up to pops garage to get it.

First, I strongly prefer to sell locally. Whatever that means for you is fine, I'm just not likely to go figure out how to ship it. I have no idea. The motor is in Redwood City, CA.

Second, it runs strong. Great oil pressure, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I had another 340, decided to stroke it and have a great builder build it, and I no longer need this one, so I'm simply offsetting some costs.

I probably have a clutch and flywheel that can go with it. I need to check.

It's got an MP purple shaft cam of moderate size. Somewhat lopey, but definitely drivable on the street.

Holley 650 DP, Wieand intake manifold, hydraulic lifters, adjustable rockers, 2.02/1.60 valves, but I cannot remember exactly which head is on it (cast iron for sure, J/X heads of some flavor, but I will update when I get a chance).

Been so long since it was build I want to say its around 10.5:1 comp, and the only time it was on a dyno it was being tuned instead of dyno'd, but it was estimated around 400hp.

No distributor, that's going back in the new motor.

Cast crank.

Rear main seal almost certainly is leaking. Otherwise the oil leak in the car must have been from the remote filter adapter, but I'm pretty sure its the rear seal.

$3200 / best offer. If I'm way off base on price just tell me. I think I'm fairly close, but I want to sell this.

There's going to be two other FS posts from me, one for a steel crank, rods, pistons that came out of the motor that's going back in the car, the other for the K member and suspension stuff (Its a 66 valiant, early A body). Should someone want ALL of it, I'd be happy to talk about that as a package deal.

Still available... Good motor needs a home. Reasonable offers considered for sure... I'd like it out of the garage if I can.

THanks!

Can you tell me what year the 340 is and the VIN off it? I am looking for my original 340 motor and was curious.

I am also curious if you know the history of the motor. I'm really not in the market, but would be interested to find the original 340 from my '68 GTS convertible. It was taken out around 1980 in San Jose or close by.

Bump - Want to sell locally folks. Somewhat unreasonable offers considered likely. Won't sell things for family discounts, but I'd really like this stuff out of my pops garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back