340 Not firing on all cylinders

-
Just to more or less close the loop on this one...thanks again guys for the help!! I got it roughly timed by ear and wow what difference! Much smoother than before although I do have to adjust the idle as it is revving way to high now (close to 1400 rpm's at idle). So once I can get my hands on a new timing light I should be able to dial it in and get that lumpy sound back with a lower smoother idle.

I tried to post a vid of it running but for some reason I can't get it to upload but I'll figure that out later...

A huge thanks again to all!! Especially 67Dart and 67Cuda....

Dennis

What worries me is that you don't seem to know what you did to fix it and therefore it might still be lurking in there somewhere...........................

Sorry guys, I thought I mentioned what the fix was!! It was the lead from the ECU to the - side of the coil. The PO had just wrapped it around the post under the ring terminal of the wire to the Tach. So when I looked at the - side all I saw was the one wire (no evidence of a broken wire or connection). I put a new terminal on the end, reconnected it to the coil and I was back in business!!

Dennis

-
Back