Not open for further replies.

go-fish

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 340 short block for my Dad.
He is somewhat computer illiterate so I am trying to help him out. He is looking for a block that has the least amount of overbore (.020 - .030"), ideally. Open to larger bores if we can't find one. Ideally, it would not need to be rebuilt but definitely open to cores. It would just be a bonus.
He already has x-heads and an LD6B intake but he said if one came along complete with x-heads he wouldn't turn it down.Looking for something with reconditioned rods and hopefully not heavy cast pistons. Cam not desired as we will be using a cam for six-barrel EFI and ported X-heads.
He is retired and willing to travel to pick up.

I gave him an early casting 360 but he just really wants a 340. I'll be happy to take my 360 back so I am hoping we find a 340. LOL.

I have short block from 1970 Dart Swinger 340 here in Hartford, CT. All I know is thar it turns over and it has been in my garage over 12 years. I haven’t checked the bore size as parts in front of it under shelf.

I think we found one. Was supposed to call today but it was a crazy day.

I'll keep this thread active for now.

Looking for a 340 short block for my Dad.
He is somewhat computer illiterate so I am trying to help him out. He is looking for a block that has the least amount of overbore (.020 - .030"), ideally. Open to larger bores if we can't find one. Ideally, it would not need to be rebuilt but definitely open to cores. It would just be a bonus.
He already has x-heads and an LD6B intake but he said if one came along complete with x-heads he wouldn't turn it down.Looking for something with reconditioned rods and hopefully not heavy cast pistons. Cam not desired as we will be using a cam for six-barrel EFI and ported X-heads.
He is retired and willing to travel to pick up.

I gave him an early casting 360 but he just really wants a 340. I'll be happy to take my 360 back so I am hoping we find a 340. LOL.

I have this short block 340 for $1500 if interested One motor mount ear is broken shown in pics. Looks newer not sure have to check it out.

5A4F0FFF-951E-4A6C-962F-B74EE474FCF2.jpeg

C1E4A3EF-38BF-4F82-8A88-6A3C70A9AC2F.jpeg

92E8F065-38CD-4A27-B928-A296DBB486A0.jpeg

1BFAD945-E4FD-4C9F-8A70-AC534440589A.jpeg

91252A0B-A18D-4DB3-98BC-F54F0F8F779F.jpeg

I have this short block 340 for $1500 if interested One motor mount ear is broken shown in pics. Looks newer not sure have to check it out.
What's up with that dry sump set up? Do you have everything for it or just the pan? The broken mount ear will definitely drop the price. Did the valves kiss the pistons? Is this a standard bore engine?

What's up with that dry sump set up? Do you have everything for it or just the pan? The broken mount ear will definitely drop the price. Did the valves kiss the pistons? Is this a standard bore engine?
30 over pistons were milled Only have the pan.

coloradhill is coming through. He has had an engine built to replace his current 340. I am going to go ahead and mark as "found".

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back