-
Status
Not open for further replies.

scastillo

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking where to buy used ore new a complete package to convert ,my 1973 Dodge Dart 340 with 727 from 4 barrel to a Six Pack with all, fuel lines, air cleaner and all stuff. Recomendations Welcome!

Hello * I purchase my Six Pack last year from Herb's Restoration Parts * It came with everything needed to install - even a new throttle cable & coil bracket * It was a little over 2k with shipping * Very nice people & very fast shipping. One other thing I can tell you is - if you're running a bigger then factory cam shaft - back out the rear carburetor fuel mixture screws a full turn * Because you can't get to the screws with the carburetor on * It took me 3 times to get it right & it's a real pain to remove the carburetor everytime you need to made a small adjustment * Dan

Hello * I purchase my Six Pack last year from Herb's Restoration Parts * It came with everything needed to install - even a new throttle cable & coil bracket * It was a little over 2k with shipping * Very nice people & very fast shipping. One other thing I can tell you is - if you're running a bigger then factory cam shaft - back out the rear carburetor fuel mixture screws a full turn * Because you can't get to the screws with the carburetor on * It took me 3 times to get it right & it's a real pain to remove the carburetor everytime you need to made a small adjustment * Dan

Dan!

Thanks for the information. The cam that I am using right now is a Mopar Purple 284/484.

That's the exact same cam in my engine * MP 484 / 484 lift 284 duration * pn# 4120231 * I run 35 degree total timing * It idle nice right around 1,000 rpm's - Dan

Get them from Promax. They have angled idle screws, so you don,t have to take the carbs off to adjust. You can adjust while engine is running.

Wireweld is correct - Promax does make a base plate with angle fuel mixture adjustment screws for the model 2300 * It runs $175.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back