340 Static Compression Numbers and Test Procedure

-
Looks like LE is a grade 6. The hash marks may be newer than the bolt.

91B77405-5724-49E9-B74F-053ECEF751BD.png

2C281285-AB1C-4210-898B-9A8215874A2A.jpeg

The LE does not show the grade.The number of hash marks + 2 is the grade. So 6 hash marks is grade 8. No marks is grade 2 or not graded.
Good on the torque. I'd personally replace that eventually, more over concern of the soft threads stripping on the next installation. You don't want any damage to the crank threads.

The LE does not show the grade.The number of hash marks + 2 is the grade. So 6 hash marks is grade 8. No marks is grade 2 or not graded.
Good on the torque. I'd personally replace that eventually, more over concern of the soft threads stripping on the next installation. You don't want any damage to the crank threads.

Or have it fail and break off in the crank. I've had to remove many broken bolts from cranks. It's not fun.

Got it. I will replace it soon.

-
Back