340 Stroker: experiences with parts

-
Thanks for the opinions☺️
Currently it looks like a 418 stroker, the block has already been drilled to 0.30, is now being drilled to 0.40☺️

What do you think is a suitable intake? Should be a torque engine, not a speed racing engine.

I could easily buy or import headers, but there are then discussions about the classic car status by the authorities when the car is inspected, hence the original HP cast manifolds.

I finished my 416 about a month ago.

Forged Eagle/H-beam rods/forged Mahle pistons.

Air-gap dual plane intake with CNC ported Speedmaster heads (changed springs, retainers, locks to COMP).

Cam is on the small side, 280/288 Comp Hyd Roller, .537” lift

Holley Super Sniper
TTI headers

904 trans and 3000 stall, 3.73 Yukon center section with 30 spline Moser axles.

Last edited:
Thanks for the opinions☺️

What do you think is a suitable intake? Should be a torque engine, not a speed racing engine.
The only dual plane I’d consider is Edelbrock RPM-AG & open up the port windows as deep as possible.
I could easily buy or import headers, but there are then discussions about the classic car status by the authorities when the car is inspected, hence the original HP cast manifolds.
The police would hassle us on occasions. I would counter with;
“The car came with no exhaust manifolds, the headers were cheaper as well as adding mileage by 2 miles per gallon. The extra power, which isn’t much is just a bonus.”

I never got a ticket with that statement.

Testerli, darf man wissen wo du den Motor machen lässt? Ich suche auch jemanden in CH, der sich um meinen Motor kümmern würde.
Grüess

Testerli, may I know where you have the engine done? I'm also looking for someone in CH who would take care of my engine.

-
Back