340 stroker kit w/cast crank good or bad?

-

kdsmith07

Reaction score
is there any major drawback to a stroker kit w/cast crank.i know forged would be better but my question is would you buy one?thanks in advance

id buy a scat cast crank, yes....an eagle cast crank? hell mothaf*&%#% NO! Not ever. No No NO.

I bought a cast because I got a deal on the crank. I had it internal balanced but had to pay extra for mallory metal to get the balance. I don't know if the mallory would be needed with the forged. But the big question is, what are you going to use the engine for. If it is a street car /cruiser then cast is ok. If you are going to race it and push to the max (7000 rpm or 600 hp), then definitely go forged. Stroker is great. Super torque, mine made 520 hp and 540 lb-ft.

I bought a cast because I got a deal on the crank. I had it internal balanced but had to pay extra for mallory metal to get the balance. I don't know if the mallory would be needed with the forged. But the big question is, what are you going to use the engine for. If it is a street car /cruiser then cast is ok. If you are going to race it and push to the max (7000 rpm or 600 hp), then definitely go forged. Stroker is great. Super torque, mine made 520 hp and 540 lb-ft.

Yes Mallory will be needed even with the Forged Scat Crankshaft in order for it to balance. Mine almost took 2 sticks to balance. You wouldn't think so when a crank cost 800$

yes.. my scat stroker forged crank took two slugs of mallory also to internally balance it.

thanks for all the replies.it's for a street car.don't know yet what brand the crank is.said it's a balanced assy.eagle rods,diamond pistons and balancer.guess it depends on who makes it.sounds like building a stock stroke 340.if you're not going racing cast should be fine.that sound about right?

Go with Scat cast crank and Scat I-beam rods. Stay away from Eagle cast cranks.

thanks for all the replies.it's for a street car.don't know yet what brand the crank is.said it's a balanced assy.eagle rods,diamond pistons and balancer.guess it depends on who makes it.sounds like building a stock stroke 340.if you're not going racing cast should be fine.that sound about right?

If it has Eagle rods theres a good chance they're swinging on an Eagle crank. I wouldn't use Eagle I-beam rods regardless of the crank manufacturer.

-
Back