340 vs 360 Difference in Harmonic Balancer Weights for Externally Balanced Motors

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
Ok were talking cast crank to cast crank weight balance difference from a 340 vs 360. I am asking because some harmonic balancers come with two weights and some only with one?

So is there a specification that someone can share for crank counterbalancing? I have a hard time believing that the same weight could be used here......

I always thought it looked like a pretty sizable difference between harmonic dampener weights between the factory “use for cast iron 340 only” and “use for cast iron 360 only” . The longer stroke on the 360 crank seems to be the major factor. The 340 cast pistons were heavier due to full floating piston pins and greater compression height but the 360 weight is still larger between the two.

Last edited:
I always thought it looked like a pretty sizable difference between harmonic dampener weights between the factory “use for cast iron 340 only” and “use for cast iron 360 only” . The longer stroke on the 360 crank seems to be the major factor. The 340 cast pistons were heavier due to full floating piston pins and higher compression height but the 360 weight is still larger between the two.
Thanks my research is showing a counter weight delta of 9.6 ozes but its mfg dependent because of the location. So yup big difference between the two!!!!

All correct! Very different...The smaller weight on the multi-weight damper sets is for the 340 cast crank.

-
Back