340 w/6pack, flooding it or flooring it?

-

KIII

Reaction score
73 Dart Sport with 340,6pack,MSD. Initial start up I give the gas pedal 2 half pumps and it starts every time,very quick, like a new car. I'll drive it to destination, stop. When I start it again I have to hold the pedal down and it takes a good 5-10 seconds of cranking before it starts. Im new to MOPARS and any help appreciated. Pump squirters maybe? or do i need to drive it more aggressively? Thnx.

73 Dart Sport with 340,6pack,MSD. Initial start up I give the gas pedal 2 half pumps and it starts every time,very quick, like a new car. I'll drive it to destination, stop. When I start it again I have to hold the pedal down and it takes a good 5-10 seconds of cranking before it starts. Im new to MOPARS and any help appreciated. Pump squirters maybe? or do i need to drive it more aggressively? Thnx.

The second time you start it does it blow black smoke out the exhaust like its flooded.

do you pump the gas after its wormed up if so try it with out pumping it.wen I had my sixpack I would pump it one full pump wen cold after it was worm just hit the key.....Artie

get the engine hot...with the air cleaner off...shut engine down..take a look down the center carb...or all the carbs...

is any of them dripping fuel....can be a high float also...

if they are OEM carbs only the center carb will have a squirter...

5--10 seconds isn't bad. The fuel just gets hot and weeps in the the engine a bit. Gasoline today is sold for F.I. use, not carburetors. If its running good I would not worry about it. I crank my 340 sometimes when hot--warm 5--10 seconds. Yes when cold it fires right up.

Thanx for the input fella's. 70CUDA- I checked when hot, seems dry enough. DEMONSEED- a little smoke, but not black. GODFATHER- Bingo! Maybe it was just me. Its my sons car and we went to the store with him driving and when we left the store he didnt pump and voila! car started right up. I guess i should have asked him first...

-
Back